1. Name the force that holds things to the Earth.
2. Look At the Picture. What force is slowing the parachute down?
3. An object floats. Are the forces balanced, or unbalanced?
4. Name the force that supports the floating object.
5. Name the force produced when two objects are rubbed together.
6. What two forms of energy are produced when objects are rubbed together?
Sound and Light
Heat, Sound and Light
Heat and Light
Heat and Sound
7. Bob the Shark swims quickly through the water. Towards which direction is the biggest force?
8. Is the see-saw balanced?
9. How can you tell?
They are different weights.
Because the see-saw would bend.
When doubling the 2nd weight, you must halve its distance from the fulcrum.
The 1kg is too far away.
10. A boy stretches an elastic band. What type of energy does it have?
Potential (stored) energy
Kinetic (moving) energy