Light and Sound
1. Which of the following best describes how Light travels?
In straight lines called rays
All over the place
It Bounces off things
Like a coiled spring
2. True or False? The images our eyes receive of our surroundings are upside down!
3. From where does the Earth get most of its light?
4. Which part of the body is very sensitive to Light?
5. What causes Sound to occur?
A loud noise.
It is when an object vibrates.
Something is hit.
6. Which part of the body is sensitive to Sounds?
7. How does sound travel?
Through the air.
In straight lines.
As vibrations (backwards and forwards).
8. Look at the two Sound waves on the screen. Which one shows the sound getting higher?
9. Why must you shout for someone to hear you a long way away?
Because they are a long way off.
To create vibrations with enough energy to travel the distance.
To push the sound through the air.
To make it trave more quickly.
10. When playing a flute, what would happen to the Sound if the pipe was shortened?